How To: Set Up eCheck
To pay by eCheck, you need a RentPayEasy.com account. Registration is simple – just click here and enter your details in the form. If you haven’t registered, click that link, then come back – the form will open in a new window, so you won’t have to navigate back to this guide.
Verifying your Account
RentPayEasy has two ways to verify your bank account – instant verification and any-bank verification. Both methods accomplish the same goal, making sure that your account works for eChecks and who it belongs to, but they differ in how that takes place.
Using Instant Verification
Our Instant Verification process has recently been updated to support over 1,000 banks from across the United States! If you don’t see your bank in the list of logos after clicking “Verify Now”, simply type part of the name into the search bar.
Instant verification takes just a few simple steps.
- On your RentEasyPay.com Account Dashboard, click “Verify Now”.
- Choose your bank from the list.
- Use your online banking credentials (username and password) to login, and click submit.
- If you’re asked for an answer to your security question, or a code sent to your phone or email, enter it.
- If prompted, choose the bank account from the list you wish to use.
- That’s it! Now you can find your property or click Pay Rent Now from your property’s website and pay with eCheck.
Using Any-Bank Verification
If your bank is not supported by our Instant Verification partner, you can connect your account via our any-bank verification method. Any-bank verification can take up to 2-3 business days.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Enter your routing number in the Routing Number and Confirm Routing Number fields. Your routing number is printed on your checks (if you have any), as the first group of numbers at the bottom. If you don’t have any checks, visit your bank’s website, call them, or look on your latest statement.
- Enter and confirm your account number.
- Enter the name on the account, and whether the account belongs to an individual person or a business. Our partners require this information to comply with federal law.
- Click Continue.
In 2-3 business days, you will receive two small deposits (a few cents) into your bank account. Come back to your Dashboard, and enter the amounts of those deposits in the fields at the bottom. Click Submit, and you’re finished!
As long as you’re logged in, you can make rent payments by eCheck any time after you verify the first time. Enjoy the quicker payment process and the lower transaction fee!